Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Getting worried

There was this guy, Dav Remner, I knew. Typical low-level muscle/hustler, would do anything short of murder for a few yen. Not feared or anything, but well-liked as far as that goes. He was getting up there, a little creaky in the bones--must have been thirty if he was a day--around the age you start feeling sorry for people. Wouldn't have surprised me if he died, if he was too slow on some job and got popped, or if he burst a vessel in his sleep and never woke up. Wouldn't have surprised me at all. A lot of times you wake up in the morning and someone you used to hang around with is just gone.

I never would have thought he'd go and fucking join the Electric Church. But I wake up today, and Dav is now Brother Remner. He made the rounds, creepy plastic face and reflective glasses and all. Called me Nad, told me he was so happy, invited me to look into it.

Dav Remner couldn't shut up about how he hated the Monks. Dav would go on and on, after a few cups of Pick's corrosive gin, about how The Electric Church were evil motherfuckers. We had to shut him up about it all the time. There is no WAY he'd join the goddamn Tin Men voluntarily. Or so I thought. But here he is, prancing around in his new robot body, preaching Mulquer Codex. This shit is getting crazy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I have found this blog! I am in the same position--the Monks seem to have taken a notice of me and won't leave me alone. All they do is talk...but it still scares the crap out of me. Contact me:

http://kitlarmuan.tripod.com/

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home