Saturday, December 10, 2005

Breathing Space

Weird, how the streets create strange bedfellows. Yesterday who do you think came to my rescue? The System Pigs. The SSF.

The cops and the Monks are always uneasy with each other. The Monks are legal reps of a legal, registered religion, so the cops can't just do what they like. More importantly, the Monks and The Electric Church have muscle and money, so the cops don't dare mess with them. Someone like me, no one gives a shit about, so the pigs can do what they like. With the Monks, you can see the cops think twice. It's weird and unsettling to watch.

But yesterday I guess the cops had had a bad day, and they went after the Monks that have been worrying me. Just ran them off, yelling about street permits or some such bullshit--the cops make that shit up as they need to, quoting regs that were passed twenty freaking years ago and no one remembers. But hell, today I'm sitting here having some terrible gin and damned if it's almost peaceful. I'm still starving, but for the first time ever I'm glad the SSF is around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home